Fashion, style with a down to Earth attitude and the knowledge of all things eyewear, Amanda Rudy is Swift Eyewear’s Project Coordinator aka Eyewear connoisseur.
What is your fave eyeglasses style and why?
- That’s a tough question! I don’t necessarily have a preferred style of eyeglasses. My preferences range from bold and edgy to bright and playful, however I have something that works against me when it comes to eyeglasses for myself – a melon head! Currently I am wearing a pair of Libero oversized/wayfarer style glasses and absolutely love them! (I have the same pair in two colours)
How many glasses and sunnies do you own?
- Let’s see…I have a pair of Valentino sunglasses in this deep purple with burgundy undertones, a pair of Guess aviators that are very traditional with these great bluish-purple lenses, a pair of Ray-Ban’s (RB4147-710) because I saw Leonardo Dicaprio wearing them in his latest movie “The Wolf of Wall Street” (haha…obsessed) and many low-end sunglasses from various retail stores – you know, the ones you don’t mind losing or breaking.
- As for eyeglasses, I also have quite the variety. I have only been wearing eyeglasses for the past 3 years, but it became an addiction overnight. My very first pair of glasses were Versace’s in a rounded rectangular shape with a rhinestone rose at each temple end instead of traditional hinges, but sadly they went missing. I also have these great cat eye shaped Versace’s in black, a pair of rectangular Tommy Bahamas in black, a pair of metal Opus in a leopard print and two pairs of Libero’s (model 177). I also have more on order *don’t judge me *
Your musical taste seems as versatile as your wardrobe, what inspires your style?
- Style, what style? I wouldn’t say that I have any of this so-called style. My fashion motto is “if it’s comfortable – wear it”. There is nothing worse than spending an entire day in an outfit that makes you feel uncomfortable, whether it be physically or mentally. As for my taste in music, I grew up with a saintly country (and Bon Jovi) loving mom and a heavy metal hard rock dad – my childhood was amazing! I never had the chance to attach myself to a certain genre of music, I love it all!
What in your opinion is the best part of buying eyewear online?
- The unlimited amount of choices, the versatility of styles, the hunt for the perfect pair, no overstepping sales people, the ability to compare other e-tailers instantly and from the comfort of my own home, shall I continue?
Wayfarer or aviator, which style is your “go-to” sunnies?
- For melon heads like myself, aviator is where it’s at! Aviator’s come in a variety of sizing options and compliment everyone in my opinion. Wayfarer sunglasses have too much of a pantoscoptic tilt for my liking and the sizing does not fit me (although I secretly want them to), however I am able to wear my everyday Libero eyeglasses in a wayfarer style because they have very minimal tilt.
After completing a three year advanced diploma in business administration at St. Lawrence College in Cornwall, she is now in her first year in Optical Sciences at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology or NAIT, studying to become an optician. While at school she is our full time Projects Coordinator at Swift Eyewear. We are really fortunate to have her for her optical knowledge, her easy smile and outstanding professionalism